Monday, January 27, 2014

Get to Know Us


Your best travel memory?
My best travel memory is a trip I took two years ago with my best friend. We went to California for two weeks and drove the coast from San Francisco to San Diego. I have been to California several times throughout my life, as it is my birth place, but I have never had the opportunity to experience it this way. I got to take my time exploring the Coast and seeing the different nuances in the California culture from North to South.

Stand out moment from that trip?
The best memory from that trip was the drive through Big Sur. We stopped at a vista point and the view took my breath away. From the sheer drop off to the cliff, to the seemingly never ending Pacific Ocean, it was incredible. Ashley and I stayed there for over an hour just soaking in the view. To this day I honestly cannot get enough of that view, which is why I have pictures of it all over my apartment!


Best Family Trip you ever took and why?
This past Christmas my family and I went to Cape Cod and while that certainly isn't a very exotic or exciting place to visit, it was by far the best and more special trip I have ever been on with them. My aunt passed away this past September and we were all nervous to celebrate the holidays without her this year. I had never been to Cape Cod in the winter but it was even more gorgeous than is is in the summer; it was so quiet and relaxing. The beach was gorgeous and it even snowed while we were there. A particularly special moment during our trip was Christmas dinner. My Uncle Russell gave my Mom a book that she had given my Aunt Janet when they were teenagers. My Aunt Janet had kept this book on her dresser for over 30 years. It was a book of friendship quotes, so during this dinner we all read a quote aloud from the book. It was like my Aunt Janet was with us. This time spent at the beach brought us closer together at a really difficult time and that is why this trip will always hold an extremely special and important place in my heart. It taught me this lesson: Travel isn't always about seeing new places; it can be about seeing ones you've seen a thousand times in a brand new light.

Where do you hope to go in the future and why?
I hope that my next great adventure is to Spain. My boyfriend and I have never gone to Europe and it's at the top of our list. We've just started mapping out where we would like to visit, such as Barcelona, Madrid and Ibiza. I'm most excited to not have a set itinerary, just more of a general outline. We are doing this in hopes that just going where the day takes us will lead to an organic, experiential travel experience. At our Chicago Show in January, Samantha Brown mentioned how the first thing she does when she gets to a destination is take a spontaneous walk. The resonated with me because that's exactly how I'd like to spend my time in Spain. I want to see what the people of Spain do on a Monday, what their day to day schedule is like and experience that. If you set off on a walk into an unknown territory you never know the wonders you may come across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment